Saturday, January 17, 2009

Getting Dressed

So I'm sitting on my friend Alex's lawn, watching her go through her inventory of clothing, and realizing just how far we had come in SL in regards to fashion.

A lot has changed over the 15 months that I have been in world, most to the way I shop and see things.

When I first discovered free blogs, I would pick anything up if it was free. My inventory was a mess, and I looked like a cheap noob. I also looked like a cheap noob when I paid for things as well, because I didn't want to spend too much money on things.

What I began to realize is some things cost more in SL for the same reason they cost more in RL...quality.

Now, not all high quality items in SL cost mad L and not all items that cost mad L are quality.

My advice, pick up the freebies. try them on. If the freebie has great textures, good fit, nice styling, then the things you pay for will be of equal or greater quality.

If the freebie is low quality, poorly textured and looks like a two year old slapped some prims together, promptly toss said item and make sure to never set foot in that shop again, or be doomed to pay to look like a cheap noob.

shop smart, not hard.

Three

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers