Friday, January 16, 2009

Three Moomintoog Gets Real

So today there will be no posts about fashion, or misadventures or crazy wacky pixel antics.

Three Moomintoogs driver, also known as Beth is moving to Beaverton, OR tomorrow. This is something I had been planning for well over a month, and I knew it would be hard, but I had no idea it would be THIS hard.

Now, a little background for you...in July of 2008 a mere six months ago, I moved from Iowa to Washington state, where I now reside. I had spent the previous 29 years in Iowa, and some circumstances prompted me to make the move out of state.

I got here and it was what I needed. Slowly but surely, I realized I needed more than amazing views and a cool town. The opportunities here are limited, and I'd come to far just to limit myself.

So I contacted a friend there, organized a new start. Today we are talking and she asks if my cats up to date on his shots. Now I'm a relatively poor girl living in a shed so things like food sometimes are hard to come by, let alone animal care. So I own up to this and i get a "UM" and thats it.

I knew then what was coming. "I can leave him behind if I have to."

And it was at that moment this move became VERY VERY hard. It hit me like a ton of bricks, everything is changing...AGAIN.

I've spent most of today crying, cleaning and getting ready to start over again all over again.

tonite I said goodbye to my friend Allen, who has become a very big part of my life in a very short time. I said final goodbyes to my old work places and coworkers, I walked the hill one last time as resident of Port Townsend, and tomorrow I will say goodbye, at least for now.

And I say goodbye to yet another animal who has trusted and loved me and frankly I feel like a right asshole. I know he has people to take care of him, but for the past 4 months I've been his momma. He's given me more love than I have deserved and I hope my leaving him wont break his little heart.

it sure is breaking mine.

Thanks for listening

Three/Beth

035

4 comments:

  1. I wish I knew what to say to make this easier for you. However I know you are a strong, awesome and rocking chick and you will get through this and opportunity will find its way back to you. If not we'll cut some bitches. I am always here to listen if you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweety, I am so, so sorry you had to leave him behind. I know tomorrow is going to be all kinds of painful but please keep hold of the fact you're making this move for the right reasons. Love and hugs from Oz.

    ReplyDelete

Followers