Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Post Where Three Bitches About Stuff

Im a member of the FashCon group, and if you belong you know the amount of notices that get sent on a daily basis.

Some I read, most I don't b/c well, frankly a lot of it is crap.

I will, however be more inclined to read your notice if you spell all the words right. Especially those in the title.

I REFUSE to buy anything from a creator who cannot spell properly. I'm okay with poor translations, but when its just complete and utter stupidity, I do not care how amazing your creation is, I cannot buy anything from you.

Now Three, I hear you ask, why be so harsh?

Simple. There is this thing called spell check. Now, I'll be the first to admit I make plenty of typos and misspell quite a few words when talking with my friends and just having a general good time. We all point and laugh at each others typos and boo boos and all is well.

But If I am going to take the time to write something that will be read by potential customers and all the people in the FashCon group, I would make sure shit is spelled correctly.

"But three, SecondLife doesn't have spell check, how do you expect the poor person to find a way to correct their spelling errors?"

Simple. Open email client. Type what you want your notice to say in there. Use the red squiggly lines to recognize misspelled words. Right click on said red squiggly line to choose correctly spelled word. Copy. Go into SL. Paste.

TADA!

Now you don't look like a complete moron!

See.

This blog is good for something.

And for the record its COMPLETE not COMPLEATE

Three

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers